Sunday 30 September 2012

Leaving the coast

Wednesday we awoke knowing we had lots to do.  Paul went into work a bit later than normal.  I gave the boys a picnic breakfast on the floor, as we had no sofa or dining room table.  By now we were down to the bare bones of desk unit, coffee table and tv plus unit.  Seb didn't eat any breakfast which was quite unusual.  He also had quite a lot of disgusting nappies...

I took Oliver to school, gave his teacher a big box of cookies for all the staff and a big bag of sweets for Oliver to distribute to his class mates at the end of the day.  The school mums gave me a card, which they had all signed.  Thanks guys....

I then took Isaac to preschool, gave them more cookies and again a bag of sweets for his friends.  Mrs Myerscroft gave me his learning file to pass on to his new preschool.  On my way home, it was very wet.  I almost crashed my car.  Not sure what happened, but I was going round the corner near the cemetery near my house, I was doing the speed limit, and I lost control.  My car did a 180 degree turn, and I ended up on the other side of the road facing the right way......  It really scared me.....

I returned home, and awaited people to clear my house.  Quite a few turned up,  I managed to sell the desk unit, and quite a lot of other bits and pieces, before I went and picked Paul up from work.  He was a little upset, but still no tears yet.  We drove home, safely, as I had yet more people coming to pick up stuff, Paul had to disassemble quite a lot of furniture ready for collection.  I took seb and went and picked Isaac up from preschool.  He refused to say goodbye to any of his teachers, but was happy to give out lots of sweets to his friends.  As I was getting Seb into the car, he was sick, I managed to get him out so he was sick in the car park rather than in my car.  Not a good thing.

We got home, had some lunch, both the boys were a bit freaked with so little stuff being in the house.  Angela and Vasko came and cleared the last of the big bits, including the tv, and agreed to come round after we had left to take what they wanted, food included! Thanks Angela.  I went to pick Oliver up and he said a final goodbye to his friends.  Again Isaac refused to say good bye to anyone.  We headed home and got the last bits and pieces ready to go.  We had the car ready to go, fully loaded, the boys had hardly any space in the back.  I popped the keys in to the Gemma and Angela, said my goodbyes, and hopped in the car.  I drove, so I wouldn't have to have the cat on my lap.  Paul was very squashed in the front.  We left the seaside for the last time at 4.10.  I was quite glad I drove, that way I didn't have to think about leaving

We got to my mums about 6.  The boys were happy to play the wii, and it was nice to have some food.  Seb still wasn't eating right.  Paul got their room ready, then went to his parents after Isaac and Seb were in bed.  I text my dad to come and get me for a drink.  Oliver went to bed at 8.30, the other two were still awake!  By the time my dad got to me it was nearly 9, and seb was really kicking off.  My mum went in and tried to settle them while I went out.

Was nice to go out for a final drink with my dad.  We have got closer recently, and I know he is loving having a BMW thanks to Paul.  I got home about 10.20, and sat up chatting with my mum.  Was nice it have a final night of chatting, just me and her.  We went to bed about 12-30.  Seb was unsettled most of the night.  Lee was in settlng him, thanks Lee.  It was very obvious he was not well.

Not a good way to start the traveling.....

No comments:

Post a Comment